ASUS Prime Z690-A Intel Z690 LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard PCIe 5.0, Four M.2 Slots, 16+1 DrMOS, DDR5, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN, HDMI, DP, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C
Intel Z690 (LGA 1700) ATX motherboard with PCIe 5.0, four M.2 slots, 16+1 DrMOS power stages, DDR5, HDMI, DisplayPort, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C, front USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, Thunderbolt 4 support and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel processors
- Enhanced power solution: 16+1 DrMOS, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- AI Overclocking: Optimises performance based on CPU and cooler loads to achieve results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts
- AI Cooling: Manages and controls all motherboard fans, automatically optimising settings based on current system load and temperature
- Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation: Reduces background noise from the microphone and audio output for crystal-clear communication in games or video conferences
- Comprehensive cooling: Large VRM heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, M.2 backplate with Q-Latch, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Next-gen connectivity: DDR5 memory, PCIe 5.0, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C, front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, Thunderbolt 4 header support, 4 PCIe 4.0 M.2
VRM Heatsink and Thermal Pads
The two VRM heatsinks on Prime Z690-A are significantly larger than those found on earlier Z590 motherboards. Together with the thermal pads, they improve heat transfer from the MOSFETs and chokes for better cooling performance.
Two M.2 heatsinks take care of the three M.2 slots, warding off throttling that can occur with M.2 storage during sustained transfers.
An M.2 backplate helps ensure that high-performance drives deliver peak performance, even when airflow is restricted. The backplate includes the Q-Latch mechanism to allow you to secure or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for traditional screws.
A VRM with 16+1 DrMOS delivers the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
Four M.2 slots (up to 64 Gbps)
Prime Z690-A offers a total of four M.2 slots that support data-transfer speeds of up to 64 Gbps via PCIe 4.0, enabling quicker boot-up and app load times with OS or application drives.